Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Matchmaking!

Yes, still me! Not surprisingly, it being Christmas, Trish is still without her cable so I remain in control of her blog. Obviously I don't want to waste the opportunity to cause mischief. :) But if I'm to live I need to conceal it in writerly terms.

This is a bit of a stretch but I want you to work with me. We're going to consider this research.

It occured to me that as Trish is the only single girl among the Pink Heart Society editors I really ought to lend her a hand. She's just so picky! But I reckon if we all pool our resources - friends, cousins, brothers ... we should be able to come up with a shortlist of men who might suit her. 'Hands on' research can only be good for a career romance novelist, wouldn't you say???? And too much time alone in her cabin is going to make her very dull. So ... let's get to work.

I think I've got her 'list' clear in my head.

Rupert Penry-Jones is, unfortunately, taken, but something similar would be fine.

We need tall. She is that shallow It's to do with eye levels. She prefers it if they are making eye contact rather than anywhere lower down.

Somewhere between thirty and forty, I think. Any older and he won't keep up.

She likes a bit of mystery. So someone a little reserved, perhaps.

Accent - actually she's flexible on this. She's writing a run of American heroes so maybe that's an idea worth exploring. As an author she can live anywhere.

He has to like horses. This is non-negotiable.

Nice eyes, by which she means expressive.

And cats. Trish likes cats.

And country. She's not going to be happy unless we settle her somewhere rural with space to breathe. Getting Trish safely about London is a bit like maneouvring a rabbit who's been stunned by headlights.

She's a very good aunt so I think we can give her a man with children already. Not so sure she wants to do pregnancy herself. When she wrote her pregnant heroine I think we may have given her too much information and put her off!!!

(This is Channing Tatum, btw. She thinks he's very sexy. Personally I think he'd be too much work. Just think how many stomach crunches you'd have to do to keep up with him! But we're not thinking about me ...)

I think we ought to go for solvent.

And it would help if he was a smoker. Despite considerable pressure Trish is still smoking far too much, particularly when on a tight deadline.

If he could cook that would be wonderful because she's more of a re-heater.

So, is that enough to be starting with??? Have I missed anything? Anyone immediately spring to mind?

I'll give you a little bit of time to mull that over and then I'll tell you about the research trip I have planned for her.

Much love
Natasha

6 comments:

Janet said...

"It occured to me that as Trish is the only single girl among the Pink Heart Society editors I really ought to lend her a hand. But I reckon if we all pool our resources - friends, cousins, brothers ... we should be able to come up with a shortlist of men who might suit her."

So Trish hasn't the teeniest idea that you're doing this? Not good.
I wonder what she'll do as payback. :)

Ray-Anne said...

I was toying with Viggo Mortensen .. single, smoker, one son, but he is a little older than 40. Think Trish could cope?

It's okay, I've put Viggo down now.

Trish said...

BE AFRAID..... BE VERY VERY AFRAID...

TESTINGTESTINGONETWOTHREE...

Uh-huh - way station one is working... two more checkpoints to go and we're BACK ONLINE..

And THEN the FUN BEGINS...

p.s. Viggio can make it onto the shortlist... ;)

Donna Alward said...

Natasha.... RUN!!!!!!!!

Ray-Anne said...

Oh - and Viggo is horse mad. Seriously. Hildago etc. Could be a winner.

Natasha said...

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!! I'd better write up my research trip idea quickly and get it posted. It's too too good to waste.

BTW I've finally converted Ally to Richard Armitage. Job well done I think!