Friday, January 11, 2008

Left Or Right Brained?

My very good friend Kate Hardy put this on her Blog a while back and it gave me migrane for twenty four hours... So in the spirit of share and share alike...

I hope it's moving the way it's s'posed to - if not you can go here for the proper thing (Blogger won't let me check to see properly grrrrrrr) But what it's sposed to do is tell you whether or not you use chiefly the left or the right portion of your brain. Its one of those neat little optical illusion thingies that always FASCINATE me and while I fight a losing battle with this WIP it seems only fair I gIve you something to amuse yourselves with. Just to show I still wuv oo.

So what does this pic tell you?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic,
detail oriented,
facts rule,
words and language,
present and past,
math and science,
can comprehend,
knowing,
acknowledges,
order/pattern perception,
knows object name,
reality based,
forms strategies,
practical,
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling,
"big picture" oriented,
imagination rules,
symbols and images,
present and future,
philosophy & religion,
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes,
appreciates,
spatial perception,
knows object function,
fantasy based,
presents possibilities,
impetuous,
risk taking

Now you guys have *met me* so do you want to hazard a guess which one I was????

Meanwhile, while I've been struggling so badly with this latest book I've taken to writing something completely different to get the juices flowing again. A gals gotta do what a gals gotta do - so the word count may slide up slooowwwllllyyyy. Also the M&B PR company got in touch today about some promo for the centenery celebrations so life might get interesting - looks like I might have an interview with a big local paper over here next week. SCARY STUFF.

And today I'm at The Pink Heart Society discussing handsome men. As one does. HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

11 comments:

Natasha said...

no surprises there then. Anti-clockwise for me.

Natasha said...

Did I fool you?????????????

Isn't it disappointing when you're predicatable.

Donna Alward said...

I'm clockwise, but I'm left-handed so not surprising I'm in my right mind. LOL

The spatial thing is SO not true though.

Ray-Anne said...

'I've taken to writing something completely different to get the juices flowing again.'

Wow. That has given me an insight I had not thought of before in my own writing life.
Thank you for that.

PS. Clockwise. And a scientist by training. Um. Methinks my brain has rewired itself. LOL.

Natasha said...

That is one VERY irritating woman. I've tried really hard to concentrate and get her to turn the other way. Only thing to report is that she turns faster if you look at her feet.

Natasha said...

I'm even MORE irritated now. Husband says she changes direction, as does offsprings 3 and 5. Offspring 2 says anti-clockwise.

Ally Blake said...

Clockwise, no doubt. And can't make it go the other way no matter how long I stare. But I was never any good at those magic eye puzzles either.

And I'm with Donna the spatial thing is rubbish. I bang into walls on a daily basis ;).

Ally

Suzanne Brandyn said...

This really surprised me. I am astounded. I watch it, it is turning clockwise, but then I look at her and she turns anticlock wise for about three turns, then back again. It's as though if I study her she turns both ways, within less than a minute.
Oh my Gosh, does this really work. lol...:)

Suz

Biddy said...

Anti-clockwise but I can get her to change direction. Mind you I do have the spatial awareness thingy... I am the descendant of stevedores and engineers (which is odd coz you'd think that would be left brained then??)

*collapses from dizziness*

Trish said...

NOW - weren't we all amused for hours on end my friends???

Its ADDICTIVE isnt it?! Clockwise foe me. Then if I dont look at her for a while - when I glance back she'll go the other way for a bit and then change back to clockwise...

Wonder if there's one of these for sleep patterns anywhere. Hmmmm....

Fiona Harper said...

I've discovered that I can't get it to change, but that some times it will go clockwise and other times anti clockwise.