Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Stretching Creative Muscles



It's been a busy week here both in and out of the cave. Just in case you all think I'm sitting here glued to youtube and playing with collages and googling guys and not doing much...

I was interviewed by a newspaper last week and they sent a photographer out to traumatize - sorry treat me - to a few pics in varying poses holding one of my new books... It's all due to go into a piece in the Belfast Telegraph here fairly soon so if there's a link for it online at any point I'll let you know ;)

It's all part of the centenery celebrations that are going on to celebrate Mills & Boon's 100th Birthday - and I even get to go to London again soon for the official launch at a glamorous cocktail party no less!!! All very traumatic with the whole lack of teeth/massive weight gain since writing and doing christmas things really. But hopefully the dress situation will resolve itself at least 24hrs before the big event... otherwise shall be back here to WEEP. LOTS. Be prepared.

Book I'm working on for Romance that has caused me a problem or two here and there is now due in a week odds. So no pressure. Much. Though AM starting to get back into it again and it's not reading half as bad as I'd convinced myself it would. Kinda loving Quinn...

Have had a FABULOUS start to the year with the RT nomination for Rescued: Mother-to-be - the EPPIE finalist place for Bride of The Emerald Isle and then Bride also went and lifted a Cataromance Reviewers Choice Award so was CHUFFED TO BITS WITH THAT.

AND THEN got an email from a LOVELY MAN who did the illustrations for BOTH those books AND my February romance release Her One And Only Valentine. ALL THREE COVERS I LOOOOVVVEEEEE. So what a THRILL to get to *talk* to him. And to thank him for bringing my characters to life so beautifully. Am kinda loving 2008 just a lil bit round about now...

Oh sorry. The pics? Ahhh now. Meet Jake and Lauren. And remember I briefly talked about doing things completely different from the norm in order to stretch my creative muscles some? Well these two are a part of that. A super secret part. That I can't tell you about. But you gotta admit they're a couple that look like they might have some chemistry, don't they??? Oh and Jake has a jet. Mind you he had me at the coffee cup...

WATCH-THIS-SPACE.

On Friday you can find me over at Totes, Bags And Blogs where I'll be talking about when we're too old to indulge in a little fantasy... So PLEASE COME JOIN ME and add your two cents worth or share a fantasy or two.

In the meantime feel free to name these two and think up a story of your own for them. You could tell us the blurb in the comments if you like. And if you could send me a few extra hours in the day too that would be GREAT. Do this thingie, finish book, go to London, do another book by April, do first ever M&B Workshop in Dublin (more to come on that) in March, start third book, do Literary festival in May...wellll that's the first five months of the year covered then... VALIUM ANYONE???

3 comments:

Natasha said...

Can't beat a man with his own plane, I guess!

And there's a standard proceedure with photographers. Suck in tummy. Book in front of face!!

Ray-Anne said...

Jake and Lauren work for me.

I don't think you need Valium DARLEENK...inhale over 4 seconds, exhale over 8. Repeat as necessary.

As for the dress? Ah....well...you are not alone. There is a certain RNA lunch on the 4th Feb, WHICH IS A WEEK on Monday.

[Ray-Anne slinks away before anyone notices and eats more crispbread and cottage cheese washed down with weak black tea]

Natasha said...

I'm missing the RNA lunch this year. I was sad about it but now I'm relieved because I only have the one dress. Well, only the one in this size. I'm in denial and not buying another. :)