Friday, February 1, 2008

Covers Galore!


New month. New covers!

You know I don't think I'll ever tire of the thrill of finding a new cover. Mind you part of it might be the curiosity of how close the people on the cover end up to the vision I had in my head when I wrote the book. As a reader anytime I read a book that had a hero on the cover (and lets face it for we gals its ALL about the hero, isn't it?!) who looked like I had him pictured in my head from the way the writer descibed him it just added to the experience, you know? One NOT like him - well, I guess I just made up my own mind...

And I spose its a bit like doing one of those identikit pictures the police does - no two people will necessarily see the same thing or end up with the same picture. Probably cos we all have our own 'ideals' in our wee heads. Its that whole' what's your type' question, isn't it???

But as usual. Digressing. My March Presents release At The Billionaire's Bidding aka The Return Of The Rebel (you know - the one RT said sucked) is pretty gosh darned close to how my characters look. Kinda. So we LIKE this one.

HOWEVER.

His Mistress: His Terms in Australia in March... erm...

Not-so-much.

Lovely cover - don't get me wrong. And would have been nigh on perfect - for Breathless! But there's no water in His Mistress: His Terms. No - wait - I lie. Alex sails. But we don't see them in a pool. At all. Soooo...

Lovely cover like I say. Apt for the book? Nope. Would it put you off as a reader? Well - you tell me... That's the question of the day folks.

Meanwhile back in Valentines Day media land. If you pop over to All That Women Want and scroll down you might see a somewhat familiar cover on the right hand side... Some great stuff on there actually. And a new site for me so YAY!

AND while I remember - if you LOVE the Modern Heat/Sexy Sensation/Promotional Presents books and you'd like to get your mitts on LOTS OF THEM IN ONE GO then February is the month for you to go a-seekin-treasure me hearties! Yaharrr...Just go visit the Sensational Romance Blogspot and off ye go a seekin...

(That was a pirate impression in case you missed it...)

Right back to work I go. And can I just say my neck is KILLING ME.

7 comments:

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

The Rebel cover came out great in the US!

I like the Oz one, but if it doesn't fit...and don't knock that Breathless cover. It is one of my faves!

Marcy said...

Love the new cover!!!

Natasha said...

Nice cover - but Shannon *is* showing VPL. On the whole I reckon that makes her more human.

And the Australia one ... well .... Strange. She's also wearing a wedding ring, isn't she? Any reason for that???

Trish said...

If that was ME in that picture Natasha I would care les about VPL frankly. I'd have THAT figure. And yes, it does make her more human I spose. Mind you if the VPL had been halfway up her back and at her knees it might have been more human...

Magic knickers wearers everywhere will get my drift on this one ;)

And you're right Jenna - Breathless cover WAS perfect. Just saying that it was the only one involving messing around in a swimming pool soooo....

HI MARCE!!! Yes we're all in agreement with Bidding/Rebel... tother one? Hmmm...

Hadn't noticed the wedding ring either. HEY! Maybe thats them on their honeymoon after the end of the book??? Yep. I can live with that one. JOB DONE.

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish,

First off I would just like to congratulate you on His Mistress, His Terms. I'm so in love with Alex that your comment on falling over your own feet to get him is an understatement. I'd smother my mother for that man.
The cover is perfect but I'd have to admit here that the Australian one didn't do it for me. It just ain't Merrow and it certainly does Mr. Perfect himself no justice. As you said, its not a bad cover but if forces me to push my own images from my 'ceann' onto the page.
And I did notice the whole wedding ring too so my addled brain just gave up on it and moved onto your new cover. Wow, its yummy and I want that man to do some bidding for me, seriously.

Keep up the good work.
Aideen.

Trish said...

ROFL AIDEEN!!!

I'd have to wrestle you for him! LOVE LOVE LOVE that man!!! You can kinda see why he flew off the fingertips after a few chapters. Ahhhh if only they were all so gorgeous to write ;)

Glad you *enjoyed* him...

And yes I think we're all in agreement on the Aussie cover. But Bidding? Ah now that one I can live with, Indeed I can.

LOVELY TO *SEE* YOU HERE. Anyone with that fine an appreciation of Alex can pop by my blog anytime! Here's hoping the infamous Gabe proves as memorable...

H's & K's
Trish

abby said...

Hi! I actually came to your blog via the post you made in pink heart society. I was gonna post how I was looking for Justin Hartley info, and came upon the post you made there instead. And I figured since you posted that several days ago, you probably weren't gonna read what I commented. I think it's awesome how two of my favorite things (Justin and romance novels) were put together. Is His Mistress: His Terms gonna be released in the US? I would love to read it. And thanks for recommending justinhartley.net there. :) I help the webmistress with the site.

I also had to say I didn't realize you were one of the authors of one of the ebooks I purchased on eharlequin the other day! I look forward to reading At The Billionaire's Bidding soon. :)

Geez... I wrote a lot. lol