Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

It's the day to celebrate romance around the world! So, as a single gal I've found a few ways to celebrate Romance in my own way ;)

Well I do have the perfectly titled ROMANCE line book for today really don't I? That's a gift unto itself...

So let's start with where you can find me online - Over at The Pink Heart Society I'm honoured, priviledged and THRILLED to have special guest Lawrence Roibal who is the cover artist of not one, not two but THREE of my books. And as one of them just happens to be Her One And Only Valentine he's not only talked through the process of creating a cover - but has also sent me the original sketch, the photo shoot photos and pics of the TRULY GORGEOUS finished product so that we can all see what it takes to create such a thing of beauty.

I mean just look at this pic!!! How gorgeous is THAT?!

So if you've always wanted to know how the cover art is created pop on over to The Pink Heart Society today and all will be revealed...(ooohhh and there's a link to where you can find yourself a FREE mini e-book for Valentine's Day as well!!!) How can you resist???

At the same time you can find me over at the Harlequin Romance Authors Blog today where I'm talking about Her One And Only Valentine's beautiful Valentine's Day Ball and the timeless romance of dancing... and there's a very ikkle excerpt or two... You can find loads of info on there about the Romance line authors and their books and there are regular giveaways! GREAT PLACE. And remember we ARE celebrating ROMANCE today ;)

Meanwhile, in the real world I'm doing a whirlwind round of media appearances. A Valentine titled book in February in Mills & Boon's Centenary year has made me a popular gal! So if you have time on your hands and a handy browser to play with you can hear me on BBC Radio Ulster at 8AM UK time here - on U105 between quarter past twelve and one (lunchtime UK time) here (tho that one might take a wee bit of research first as you need a UK Postcode to sign in) and I'll even be on the TV!!! If I don't look like a blimp, make a complete twit of myself and IF I can find a way of getting it uploaded somewhere I'll let you know...

Can't tell you how much I wish I'd dieted sooner...

So that's my Valentine's Day. What will YOU be doing my friends??? And I'll even pick a random person from the comments for a signed copy of Her One And Only Valentine!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

13 comments:

Ann M. said...

Will be having a quiet day. We don't go out for Valentine's Day but will go out this weekend.

Hoping for some flowers and chocolate.

Trish said...

Ann that sounds LOVELY to me. And d'ya know I think just making the time is a fabulous thing. Life can get so darned busy!

Fingers crossed for the flowers and choccies!!! Maybe you'll come back and tell us if you got them???

Jennie Adams said...

Hi Trish and Ann M,

I think the perfect Valentine's Day gift is the company of someone you like to be with. Chocolate never goes astray as well, of course ; - )

Jennie

CrystalGB said...

Dinner and a movie. :)

Nathalie said...

I usually have a nice dinner with my family and we end the meal with a lot of chocolate :)

Kate said...

Hi Trish - I'm writing this after the fact...had a good day...my fiance made me wait until after work before giving me a card and also a present! The card made me cry as he had written a lovely message inside about the past year. Then we headed out for dinner at an Indian restaurant and then to a local cafe that does the most amazing desserts! (We shared Baked Caramel Cheesecake - yum!) and then it was home!
Hope your media interbiews have done well! Cheers, Katie

Trish said...

Jennie I agree - especially on the chocolate ;)

Crystal - A GAL AFTER MY OWN HEART. Thats almost my perfect date!!!

Nathalie I think having a Valentines dinner with the family is just the LOVELIEST thing. And more chocolate!!!! You guys have obviously read my mind....

Oh Katie HOW GORGEOUS!!!! You hang onto that man you hear?! Am now jealous ;)

And had a lot of fun today on one of my media visits talking about most romantic marriage proposals! I tell ya - there was just plot after plot in there!

Donna Alward said...

I did lots of things but one that I should mention is that between buying wine and chocolate i also bout Her One and Only Valentine. :-)

Donna Alward said...

Perhaps I could also learn to spell. Sheesh.

limecello said...

Hi Ann, I'm a singleton too, so I didn't do anything for vday. That, and the next day (today) I had a really early start. I had to go on a jail visit in the morning with some students in the legal clinic as part of a class I was taking. :P What a thing to look forward to.
Happy belated Valentine's Day and have a great weekend!

Jane said...

I belong to the single club too. I spent Valentine's Day at home watching "Lost." That means I technically spent the night with Matthew Fox, Naveen Andrews and Josh Holloway.

Trish said...

limecello well that's certainly the most original thing to do on Valentine's Day I've heard of!!! I hope you took some time to be good to you too tho;)

Jane - I'D SPEND VALENTINES DAY with those chaps!!! Sounds PERFECT to me! *grins*

And Donna you're a very good girl! Spelling or no spelling...

Shall pick a winenr for the book in a few days gang x x x

Trish said...

Because she's obviously in need of some romance having spent Valentines Day IN-A-PRISON The winner of the book is Limecello!!!

Email me through the website with your addy and I shall pop you a book in the post my dear.

And thanks for popping in gang!!! Shall do another giveaway for my March book in a week or so and let the newsletter subscribers know the winner of my January comp too... x x x