Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here I Go Again...


Yes indeed my friends nothing like a Whitesnake song title for a Blog I feel...

So - you may have been wondering what I've been at. I'd LOVE to tell you I've been cuddled up the cave with my new Italian (*cough* told ya there were more pics *cough*) - oh and Natasha Oakley is trying to claim dibs on him but that's a whole nother blog that one! - but, not that I've left him on his ownsome or anything, what I've ACTUALLY been doing is playing catch up with the rest of my life...Okay. That's a bit of a fib too. I CRASHED for a few days. As in slept to Olympic gold medal standards. And THEN started in on some admin (no-one tells you all the OTHER things you end up doing as a writer and lemme tell ya gang - there's LOTS) and now... am off to play in the media just another ikkle bit before I give my Italian the devotion he deserves...sigh...oooohhhhh the pressures of work!

Tomorrow I'm off to Dublin to meet up with the fantabulous Abby Green and then together we're off to RTE Radio One for a bit of a chat on the Dave Fanning Show. Can-not-wait for this one! As having talked to one of Dave's crew on the phone and with Abby there it should be a BLAST! And then it's back to Abby's for a girlie pyjama night - no doubt involving lots and lots of chatting about books and heroes and life in general. Add chocolate and I don't think it gets much better than that really ;) Hopefully you should be able to listen to the show here and we should be on sometime around seven-thirty...
On Sunday I have a piece in the Irish Sunday Tribune. Have NO IDEA what it'll be like til I read it but the gal I spoke to was lovely so hopefully the good media vibes I've experienced over here this last while will continue... AND the super secret thingie is hopefully getting closer so I can FINALLY talk about it. I tell ya - secret keeping??? Not my bag. I've been like a five year old who needs the toilet with this...

Oh and DON'T FORGET it's workshop time next week so here's the details again in case you missed them before they dropped of the bottom of the page. There's a nice crowd going now I'm told and I have my little slideshow all ready and everything ;)

Off to pack jammies and decide what to wear to Dublin... heeee....


Want a weekend break with a little added inspiration
thrown in for good measure?

Then I may just have the very thing for you...

On March 8th in Killiney, Dublin I will be joining fellow Irish author Abby Green who writes for the Modern/Presents line and - wait for it - MILLS AND BOON EDITOR Jenny Hutton for the FIRST EVER Mills & Boon writing workshop in Ireland!!! (We think...)

This is a HUGE opportunity for you to come along and ask all about writing for Mills & Boon, discovering the differences in the imprints and learning the methods Abby and I use to create our stories.- AND in what will I'm sure will be an informal and FUN day.

AND before you go talking yourself out of it - it's not that expensive!!!

The cost of each seminar includes writing materials, tea, coffee, and a light lunch and local B&B's start as low as 45 to 50 EUROS per night! So with flights to Dublin so cheap these days as well you could treat yourself to a lovely AND educational weekend without having to eat rice for weeks...

Come on. You know you want to.

You can get more information and book your place at The Inkwell Writers Website


I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

8 comments:

Aideen said...

Hi Trish,

Got to tell you first off that I'm mighty impressed with your 'cellar' and from the looks of new pic I reckon your wines are getting finer by the day. Think some drool got away from me and hit the keyboard!

I've been counting the days to the workshop since way back in January when I booked myself in. I absolutely can't wait. And the best part for me came when my wonderful husband 'insisited' that I just book into Fitzpatricks for the night instead of a local B&b. He says its because I deserve a treat but I know its really cos I'm so awful with directions and he's terrified of me getting lost in the Big City. Its only a little frustrating to admit that he knows me so well....because that's exactly what would happen. I'm useless at finding my way around strange places.

Anyhow, I'll be up at the break of dawn readying and preparing myself to be wowed in person by yourself and Abby.

I think it's going to be my first night away from all my children since...ever!! I've always had one or two hanging off me when the others 'do' sleepovers. So talk about a rare treat.

Obviously I have no idea as to what secret your harbouring but boy am I dying to know.

All the best,
Aideen.

Trish said...

OOOOHHHHHHH AIDEEN!!!! You're coming along!!!??? You absolutely MUST come over and introduce yourself from here! *thinks of suitable secret handshake...hmmmm*

Am REALLY looking forward to it! And as an extra little bonus you'll get a sneak peek into the plot of Gabe's book - the follow up to Alex's... as it's Gabe and Ash's pics I'll be using in the workshop... ;) He too is from the CELLAR. BRING a hanky to dab at drool...

And how LOVELY is your hubby?! The hotel looks lovely, doesn't it? And you'll be able to RELAX. And I'm certain we won't be scooting off at speed at the end so there should be time for a natter.

GETTING EXCITED NOW! Who knows... if the super secret thingy isn't revealed by then you might wheedle it out of me. Though obviously not Alex's way ;)

Natasha said...

I've just broken into Trish's blog - you'd think she'd have changed the password since she gave it to me when she lost her internet connection, wouldn't you??? - to change the time of her radio appearance. Abby and Trish are put back to 7.30pm. Hope you'll be listening!

Natasha said...

Well, that went well!! The girls did us proud.

Meadhbh M said...

Hi Trish,
My name is Meadhbh Monahan. I am a journalist at The Impartial Reporter in Enniskillen.
Apologies for contacting you this way but I have been unable to find a contact number!
I would really like to carry out an interview with you.
If you could let me know if you are agreeable to an interview and a date, time and location that suits you, I would be very grateful.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Regards,
Meadhbh Monahan

Meadhbh M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
limecello said...

Hi Trish,
This post was so filled with things- you're so very busy! The writing workshop sounds like so much fun! :P Too bad I can't attend - but I hope (and am sure) you'll all have a lovely time!

Trish said...

Hi limecello - oh yes my friend - busy indeed! Tis why I have the days I crash ;) I'm sorry you can't come to the workshop. I doubt there's a hotel big enough for all the internety friends I'd LOVE to have there lol. But I promise to come back and blog about it...