Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pride In A Friend's Achievement & A Bit Of A Haitus

First up I hope you'll all pop over and see my bestest IM buddy and writing partner Natasha Oakley who is celebrating finalling in the Contemporary Romance category of this years RWA RITA Award!!! I'm INCREDIBLY PROUD of her and having watched her come bravely through a rough time in her life this last year or two I can't tell you how glad I am to see Karma finally swinging back her way! Can I say I told you so my honey???

Meanwhile. Back here at ye olde homestead. I know I mentioned briefly that I was really really struggling with this latest book and I know I said I would come back and talk about it. But frankly? And since you guys have been here on this journey with me for so long - I'm gonna tell you I'm STILL struggling and somethings gotta give. I know all writers get ones like this from time to time but this one has REALLY floored me - it makes the pineapple look like a blip. And it's led me to having to make a few decisions to try and protect my writing a little (cos hopefully I haven't killed my muse with this one) And one of those decisions is that I'm gonna take a bit of an online hiatus for the foreseeable...

I know there are lots of writers who go their entire career without much online interaction but I have LOVED doing this blog and it's been a great source of pride and joy to me since I started it. Heck - even my website ended up designed around it!!! So I'm really really REALLY hoping that how I'm feeling now will pass after a bit of a break and that I'll be back here chatting to you all and sharing in the insanity the way I have for the last few years. A good writing buddy and dare I say mentor of mine?! - talks about how writers will *smile from the wrist down* online, always chatting about the good stuff and never sharing the bad... I'm afraid I SUCK at that. You guys have had this journey pretty much warts and all ;) But in the meantime, unless there's any really exciting news to share I'm gonna pretty much stay silent and try and see if I can drag myself out of this slump I seem to have gotten myself into...

So take care of your wee selves and play nice while I'm gone won't you???

10 comments:

Ray-Anne said...

Take care. We SHALL miss you.
[ sniff ] :-)

Cole said...

Trish, I understand completely! I love, love LOVE to blog! Its good for me and fun. But it eats up time and just the past couple of days I've started contemplating only blogging once a week, or something like this as life has gotten extremely busy and something has to give. Writing time is getting shorter and shorter...and that's one thing I don't want to give up. So, I understand! Take care and see you around!

Cole

Marcy said...

~~Sending good vibes your way, Trish!~~

Donna Alward said...

Trish...if something has to give, going into the cave makes as much sense as anything.

YOU take care of YOU. Full stop. I'm also happy for Natasha, but let's not forget your not so small achievements either, shall we?

If you need anything, holler. Hugs, and I'll lend you my muse if you think that'll help.

Love D

Michelle Styles said...

I can understand it.
I also have faith that you can do it and nail these revisions.

Jude said...

We all need to prioritize and compromise good things once in a while. Anyway it would only be temporary and you'll be right back so until then, we'll keep on reading.

You might be interested in the Young Entrepreneur Society from the www.YoungEntrepreneurSociety.com. A great documentary about successful entrepreneurs.

Aideen said...

Hey there Trish,

I've got to be honest here and say that I'll miss you a fright! I have absolutely always loved checking in here and laughing my way through the posts. Its helped keep me sane when I finally get those boys to bed at night.

But...I totally get it. If you need 'you' time to work your way through a sticky patch then go for it girl. I know its not remotely similar to writing a book but when one of my boys is under the weather I used to neglect myself, channeling all my energy into them so they might make a speedier recovery. Needless to say it eventually dawned on me that in order to make them better, their mammy needed to be 100%. Point being that you have to look after number 1.

And I'm truly delighted for your good friend, she sure deserves this wonderful news.

Take your time but hurry back.....

All the very best of Cork luck.
Aideen.

Ally Blake said...

You go grab that book by the scruff of the neck and tell it who's boss!!!

See you soon, my sweet!

Ally

limecello said...

Good luck doing all you have to do, Trish - take all the time you need!

Trish said...

See now this is why I have always LOVED this blog! You guys are the BEST!!!!

Am working my way out of a deep deep hole at the mo so really just doing what I have to do to get past it. I guess we all have times in our lives when we feel that way ;)

Am gonna try a word count war next and see if that helps get me going again. And then we'll look at the whole blogging thing. If I had to keep blogging ANYWHERE it would be here first and foremost...

Ok lets see about this wordcount war. Not that we know whether or not THE BOOK FROM HELL is coming back AGAIN mind you...