Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Word Count War Day Five






9790 / 50000 words. 20% done!
Things I've had to research for this book so far:
Kerouac Quotes
Voltaire Quotes
Bruce Springsteen Quotes
Aircraft call signs
Measurement of IQ's
History Of Martha's Vineyard
Basics of flying
Newton's Theories
How Stock Exchanges Work
Tower ID's for flights from Mass to NY
Distances in miles and journey times by land and air from Chicago, Boston and NY to Martha's Vineyard...
Shakespeare Quotes
Keats Quotes
History of shipping in Nantucket Sound
Alzheimers Disease
How to play Chess
Great Expectations Quotes
and we're not even a quarter of the way in yet...
Wonder how our Jenna is getting along? In fairness she's had baby showers left right and centre and kids homework and the like I haven't... bit unfortunate really ;)
Oh and we're listening to: Goo Goo Dolls - Stay With You

7 comments:

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

I am doing deep breathing right now! You are speeding right along! I still have them in the freaking den. Granted, she passed out once, but still. Must get her carried up to bed today...

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

Oh...and I have researched...nothing yet. The beginning of this one is a big cauldron of emotion without any real facts...a bit on Jane Austen comes today, but I'm usuing my own paper from college as her masters thesis, because I can...

Trish said...

Babes - thing is - I KNOW you. And when things start to go the sexy direction you're gonna grow WINGS.

I'm just tryin to get a leg up is all ;)

Jealous you have research done in the form of a flipping college paper! Beats Google hands down that does.

beth said...

Are you really doing a Vineyard story?! I am so, so, so in heaven right now!! ;)

Trish said...

LOL Beth - I am indeed!!! And having a BLAST with it too ;) What a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous place!

Few scenes in New York - some in the air but all the rest at the Vineyard... Only hope I can do it justice with as gorgeous a story...

Aideen said...

Things I've done so far today:
Read Trish's list of research she has comiled so far and I'm bloody exhausted...

Honestly, if sheer grit and determination have anything at all to do with success, congrats in advance.

And I'm finally going to get to the Vineyard? Thanks for that, always been a dream of mine.

Aideen.

beth said...

I want to go put on nautical stripes and make some clam chowder to celebrate! :)