Friday, May 16, 2008

Gabe Looked Stunned...

Okay so as you may or may not know this weekend I'm in England to visit the very lovely Kate Walker and sit on a Mills & Boon panel at the Lincoln Literary Festival with Kate, Natasha Oakley and Kate Hardy...

My first day at Kate's... I spent WRITING and running around sorting out technical laptop stuff (don't ask). By last night my revisions were in (don't ask). And I have very little time to turn them round (you get the gist of what's going in here don't you???) Actually genuinely love this book so am looking forward to getting stuck in. But telling you guys about it goes to the bottom of a very long list of things to blog about. Yes I know I'm WAY behind. But once this book is done and I have done my visiting on foreign shores I then have a six week odd window for things like - ooohhhh I dunno - neglected horse, cleaning house, visiting friends, blogging, updating stuff - oh yeah and writing another book... And then it's off to the USA I go...

While here at Kate's she showed me this lovely Youtube vid to persuade me to take a break - can I just say only another writer wouldn't think it was rude for you to stay in their home and then ignore them while you WRITE!? As I was tweaking a sex scene at the time (don't a-...yeah exactly...) this nearly made me spew my cup of tea all over her monitor. Those of a more delicate persuasion BEWARE. Those of you who just KNOW you're gonna watch it regardless - put the tea/coffee/soft drink down NOW! And yes - I did ask Kate if the BM sent it to her... I may never be allowed to visit again...

Gabe was STUNNED. He doesn't understand what was so funny. Or why that woman would be with such a loser. He's shaking his head and mumbling... Oh and he says he MIGHT possibly bring you another excerpt from his book soon. If I'll get off the blog HE'S supposed to be looking after. Sheesh MEN.

I'll bring you Lincoln pics as soon as I can - k???

7 comments:

Natasha Oakley said...

LOL And now, girls, shall we talk about why women like to read series fiction???????

Donna Alward said...

LOL Kate sent this to me too...I laughed my butt off.

Have a good time tomorrow hon!

mulberry said...

Hey, give the guy points for honesty and realism! I'm so glad you warned us not to have any fluids anywhere near our mouths while watching this one- if not the consequences could be veeery messy.
Gabe is going to keep me up late tonight- I'm about halfway through the book and loving it.

Melissa Leavitt said...

OMG that video was funny!!! :)

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

another author with a YouTube addiction!

Kate Hardy said...

I am SO glad you didn't make me watch this on Saturday before the talk... I would've just spluttered and giggled all evening!

Melissa Leavitt said...

hey Trish, do you know if " Claimed by the Billionaire Bad Boy" will be out in N.A. as a Presents, and if so, WHEN? Everyone is talking about this book and I'm practialy frantic to get a copy!