Thursday, May 1, 2008

Random Thoughts & Gabe


The lovely Shirley Jump tagged me a couple weeks back and I promised I would get back to it as I'm one of the six 'its' ;) And since we seem VERY SLOWLY to be getting back a hint of why we took up writing in the first place I thought I'd chance taking a break to do it before Gabe gets here...

Now the overwhelming opinion in the last post is that we should talk about the bad as well as the good so I WILL talk about it - but lets just get this one out of the way first shall we in case I bring the curse back??? Can't tell you how scared I am of that... And as the bad karma continues in other portions of my life it's too big a risk to take until I hit send with this MS and its safely in the hands of my wonderfully patient editor. TRUST And it'll also give me a huge topic to chat about if I manage to evict Gabe from the blog after his visit. He's looking entirely too pleased about taking it on if you ask me...

Okay so here we go with Shirley's challenge. The idea is to write six random things about myself and then tag six other people. And since I'm random at the best of times....

First up, the rules:

a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.

And here's my six Random Thoughts:

1. I'm thinking about trying ebay for one of those turnstiles that charge a fee on entry. I'll make a clean fortune. Particularly around deadline time. Why is it when you're NOT busy no-one wants to interrupt you or call in or phone or have a crisis only you can help with and yet when you ARE busy your house seems to have revolving doors???

2. My addiction to Superheroes and Superman in particular is getting out of control. I may need therapy. When someone who knows you well makes comments about the fact you've worn a blue T-Shirt and a red fleece cardigan you know it's time to seek help. Being conscious of the problem is one thing... doing things subliminally - another thing entirely. If I ever appear in a cape just shoot me.

3. One day soon I'm gonna learn how to work TV/DVD players/Digital boxes et all. I've killed two of the latter in less than a year and I have NO IDEA how I did it. Me and electrical things - not good friends. Its the only time I miss having a man in my life. Well, that and any time I get a flat tyre. Though I find having blonde hair helps in times of desperation. We all work with what we're given...

4. I REALLY want a baby elephant. I blame the TV show elephant diaries that showed orphans and how they all get their own wee keeper and a blankie and bottle feeds. But I'm fairly sure they grow and I'm certain mucking out a fully grown one would put me off it fast. Okay, there might also be a space issue. But for now I REALLY want one. (am gonna sponsor one in the hope that'll make me want it slightly less)

5. I apparently feel the need to change accents depending on the company I'm in. There's probably a deep psychological reason for this but if I'm in the company of English people I sound more English, Americans more American, and I can't begin to tell you the number of Irish dialects I have. S-T-R-A-N-G-E.

6. I seem to have started collecting sheep. No idea how it happened. No idea why it happened. In real life I don't like sheep. Don't get me wrong, with the surrounding countryside currently filled with frolicking lammikins I'm a lambs fan - but sheep? Not so much. And I still don't get why they chose a sheep to clone. I mean - don't they ALL look the same already? They could have shown us ANY sheep and said 'look its a clone' and we the public would have to believe them - how in heck would we know? We could have been CONNED. But none of that explains why all over my house there is suddenly a plethora of SHEEP. Small fluffy sheep, large fluffy sheep, sheep standing near books and sheep under lamps and sheep peeking over the top of picture frames... I even have a miniature sheep and owls tic-tac-toe board. But WHY??? Answers on a postcard please....

And my tags are going to:

1. Natasha Oakley
2. India Grey
3. Jenna Bayley-Burke
4. Fiona Harper
5. Heidi Rice
6. Donna Alward

Go pester them to do it... they'll only be writing or something equally as unimportant as amusing us ;)

Now I officially relinquish hold of my blog - GOD HELP ME - to Gabriel Burke aka Gabe, as of now... If he hasn't given it back to me by mid-May you will hear the kicking and screaming at your place... Please make him realize I have friends out there who can collectively kick his ass if he's arrogant or overbearing or sexist or...well...the list could go on and on and on quite frankly...

3 comments:

Natasha Oakley said...

'I've got a book to write', she wails! And I object to being referred to as a 'random' person. Humph

Agree on the sheep thing. They do look the same. But 'sounding more English when you are with English people'?????? lol Not so much!

Heidi said...

Well cheers a lot Trish, as if I need another reason to procrastinate - and I'm not even sure I know six people with blogs, random or otherwise.

Looks like the Modern Heat authors are going to be seriously miffed with me very shortly.

But I'm not too keen on bad karma, either.

And I get what you're saying about sheep, they might just as well have clones a lemming

Donna Alward said...

I tend to pick up speech rhythms more than accents. I know I did when I was in London. It's embarrassing. It's not like I was trying to mock anyone or anything. My ear hears it and subconsciously it comes out of my mouth.

*blushes*

Wait until I'm back in Eastern Canada for a while. My accent will change yet again.