Friday, September 5, 2008

Me In Various Different Locations

I'm all over the place this week. In more ways than one. So if anyone has a coffee in their hands and a few minutes procrastination time then why not come blog hopping avec moi???

As part of the celebrations for her year of her 50th Book I'm over at the VERY LOVELY Liz Fielding's blog and you can be in it to win it for a signed copy of The Millionaire's Proposal if you like too (if you already have it and you win I'll come up with an alternative - k?) The very fact that Liz has done fifty books kinda makes me reach for the cake. I'm fighting the good fight to get number nineteen done so the thought of what it took to get to more than double that??? Yeah. You're with me, I know you are. BRAVO LIZ and MAJOR KUDOS!!!

Then it's off to the IHeart Presents Blog where as part of the Modern Heat authors giving out advice for people writing Modern Heat or planning on entering the Feel The Heat contest - I'm talking dialogue. One of my strong points I'll admit. But then anyone who has met me will know talking has never really been a problem for me ;) I have a much longer list of things that DO. So you can come talk dialogue to me over there and ask questions and remember we're still taking Modern Heat questions here too - I'll get back to those at the start of next week. Come kick me if I don't...

Next up I'm being asked questions either today or over the weekend at the Harlequin Romance blog. Now I'm fairly sure it's not that long since I answered these for the lovely Donna but can I remember what a single one of them was at this point??? Erm... errrmmmmm.... Right. So that'll be ME going to look see what they were too then. This is a prime example of why no-one should ever give me keys to look after. Or small children. Though the sugar rush induced on a visit to Auntie Trish's usually makes the latter easier to locate. And encourages Auntie Trish to hand them back.

Please do visit and leave a comment. It makes me look like I have friends...

Meanwhile, back in the extended extended extended deadline cave I'm wondering why it was I was homesick in SUNNY and HOT California. When I left it was raining. Now I'm back it's _____ (fill in the blank at will). Suffice to say I'm considering building an ARK for all my animals. So this weekend I'll be writing and watching the rain slide down the windows while feeling guilty that my horses are still outside. Wanna tell me what you'll be doing this weekend so I can live vicariously through you???

And I leave you with a mystery to be solved supersleuths. When foreign editions arrive at my door I'm usually VERY good at figuring out where they came from. But THIS ONE is a COMPLETE mystery to me. It's obviously a language I've never been published in before. The book opens and therefore reads backwards. ANY IDEAS?! It's one of those things that's niggling me beyond belief. I NEED TO KNOW.


?????

7 comments:

Aideen said...

Hey Trish,

I'm thinking this is a Hebrew/Yiddish translation. Two of my boys have Hebrew names and so I learned how to write them in their original form. The writing on the cover of this book looks very very similar. Plus, Jewish writing is structured from the right hand side of the page to the left so technically they kinda do read backwards.

But I have been know to be wrong (rarely!!) so maybe this is one of those times and I haven't been of any help to you...

Aideen.

P.S. Loved the post on dialogue, extremely effective. Cheers.

Biddy said...

It looks more Arabic than Hebrew to me, I know they read from right to left and therefore the books open t'other way.

Biddy

Aideen said...

Biddy,

I think that this is indeed one of those times when I'm wrong!!
Was checking out hubby's arms (has some Hebrew tattoos) and he ended up reading the post himself. His first thoughts were Arabic, Kurdish, he wasn't really sure. But I think it's fair to say that ye are right, it's definitely Arabic.
Oh well, can't be right all the time can I?!!!

Aideen.

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

Arabic :) Though that doesn't narrow it down to the country...

Donna Alward said...

No, it hasn't been that long. Your questions were about writing in general and TMP in particular...and a book to give away as well!

Getting the dregs of Tropical Storm Hanna here and it's been raining since the beginning of August I think so we're in the same boat. Or ark.

Melissa Blue said...

Didn't they open a Harlequin in India? Could be it.

Liz Fielding said...

Arabic, Trish. And it will be published in at least ten countries, including Lebanon and Egypt. What fun.