Sunday, January 11, 2009

Free Online Writing Workshop Avec Moi

Been a while since I've done a series of Writer's Tips blogs and gosh knows they were always popular. But as part of my shake things up scheme for 2009 I'm gonna do something a little bit different...

I'm gonna do a kind of mini Writer's Workshop online at my Friends Forum based around one of the books on writing that I've read recently. You see it occurred to me when reading this book based on fiction in general, that as good as it is - there are parts of it that needed to be translated some into romance writing terms. So what I've done is a series of 'lessons'/companion pieces, and at the end of each there's a little something for everyone to do and think about. A mini workshop! And it's FREE! All you gotta do is join the forum ;) This is a bit of an experiment for me, but if it proves successful I'll consider doing more online workshops in the future and we'll take it from there...

From now on all my workshops and writers tips will appear on the forum first, with links from the website next and some may eventually make it here onto the blog. We'll see how that goes for a while but for now I'd like to keep the blog for announcements and news and updates on what I'm working on and my thought process and - no doubt knowing me - the odd rant...


And to end on a high-note for those of you who have been helping my muse with inspiration for a new book and have been patiently waiting to see the result of the pitch I sent my lovely editor last week... I have NEWS!

THE LOVELY EDITOR FROM M&B - SHE SAY YES!

The Reluctant Billionaire (w/t) is good to go. In fact folks, I'm starting tomorrow. So I'll pop back in a few days to show you what I sent her about my characters and the story, and to let you know how I'm getting on and if any of the demons have come with me into the new year... CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME THAT THEY HAVEN'T!

7 comments:

Sri Pammi said...

Ooooooooooooooh!!!

I'm in, I'm in.

rayannelutenerblog said...

Totally thrilled and excited for you on the news from Richmond. Brilliant! Cake is called for. LOL

Trenda said...

Trish, huge congrats! So glad your lovely editor said "yes" to your pitch! But then, we all knew she would, didn't we? You are brilliant, after all!

I'm looking forward to the writing workshop! Thanks so much for planning it!

Hugs,

Trenda

Nina in Ohio said...

Congrats!!! Saying a curse to ward off any evil spirits as we speak...heh heh. Looking forward to all the tips on your forum - thanks so much!

Trish Wylie said...

Am very excited about this one I have to say. Would be more excited if my internet wasn't playing up mind you...

Going to get new leads AGAIN tomorrow. FLIPPING WEATHER not conducive to cabling apparently. SIGH.

Soon as I'm settled into it a couple of K I'll come back with some of the character stuff - k?

Meanwhile looking forward to *seeing* some of you at the Mini Workshop - SPREAD THE WORD ;) More the merrier!

Nina in Ohio said...

Trish,

Spread the word on PHS about your workshop and have all your fellow PHS'ers put a blurb and the link on their blogs as well ;-)

Anna Adams said...

Congrats!

No evil spirits ever again!