Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My ITunes Addiction Is Growing

I'm placing ITunes right up there with Youtube on my internet Spawn of Satan addictions list. Music at my fingertips day or night? I hear a song I like and I can have it in a matter of seconds?! I can download episodes of Smallville!!! Dear god. How's a gal supposed to get anything done...

The least they could have done is make it complicated. But oh no.

Did I mention I got an IPod Nano for Christmas? No? It's LOVELY. It can hold about a bazillion songs and it's teeny and light and shiny and a very pretty shade of blue. I LOVE IT. And once I figure out how to make playlists with the Genius sidebar thingie whatsit I'll be able to take my little book soundtracks everywhere with me without lugging my laptop around. Mind you I took the IPod with me to Liverpool last week, and did it make it out of my bag once? Nope. Chatty one that niece number one of mine. Don't know which branch of the family she might have got that from. Oh and part of her first year course at University has a module on scriptwriting. Another writer in the family perchance? Not sure I need the competition. I wonder if she knows the meaning of the word procrastination yet. I could teach her about it. Heck, I could do a University module on the subject! Starting with ITunes.

So today I bought The Lakehouse soundtrack. Am listening to it now and it's GREAT. Just enough of a mix of songs and beautiful orchestral music to make it good to write to. Watched the Movie again last night because it happened to be on TV. Had forgotten how much I love that Movie. It's one of my favourites from the last few years. Another one being 27 Dresses. I'm a sucker for a bit of a romance on-screen from time to time, aren't you? I have quite the DVD collection now. And I consider romance Movies research. Just like I'm telling myself ITunes is a writing resource...

Heard any music lately I should go plundering ITunes for? How about my DVD collection - anything I should add to it?

Started my little online Writer's Workshop today. Really hope people find it useful. And the book is still at the very early stages but I'm remaining optimistic. So far. Oh and I got my internet fixed after it played up - AGAIN. If helpful little fairies would come clean my kitchen and clip my horse for me life would be pretty darn shiny right now...

6 comments:

Trenda said...

Morning, Trish! My favorite songs of the moment are:
"Thinking About You" by Norah Jones
"Starlight" by Muse
"Leave Out All the Rest" by Linkin Park

I am so enjoying the mini-workshop!

Trenda

Anonymous said...

clip your horse...... helpful little fairies will visit if you ask them.......

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

You can get lectures and audiobooks from iTunes...keeps one from feeling quite so guilty...not that I'd know anything about that...

Nina in Ohio said...

Trish - Here's one for your Itunes collection - I love Seal & love his new song (orignally by Sam Cook) "Change is Gonna Come." Appropriate for today on Obama's inauguration day. Did you hear where Bono said that Obama is really from Ireland and it's O'Bama!

Trish Wylie said...

Ooooh Trenda - I'm a BIG fan of Norah Jones! I wrote my *counts on fingers* third Modern Heat to it :) Shall look out for Linkin Park. I discovered Vast thanks to a gorgeous song on Smallville recently - Don't Take Your Love Away. Check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think ;)

Hello little helpful fairy! Where were you at six o'clock this morning when my giant great lump of a horse got STUCK in his stable? Huh?!

Oooohhh REALLY Jenna??? Must look into that! Was thinking that a few audio books would be useful for flights and walks and stuff... And of COURSE you wouldn't know...

LOL Nina, no I hadn't heard Bono said that! And Obama is a quarter Irish I believe - the little town his great grandmother or whatever it was came from renamed their radio station Obama FM! The whole world has Obama fever! I cried like a baby as I watched the inauguration...

Haven't listened to any Seal in YEARS! Shame on me! Must check him out ;)

Anonymous said...

I am loving David Cook, yes the AI winner's new album. Lie and Come Back To Me are two of the best! Try em out!

Hugs,
Liz