Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Continuing Crush On Nathan Fillion..

It's no secret among my friends (and thanks to a small online wrestling match with Ally Blake a couple of years back), that I have a bit of a crush on Nathan Fillion. Okay, it's a big crush. But I'm not stalker material. There are laws against that kind of thing...

So in answer to the MSN message I got last night from the lovely Jenna Bayley-Burke I would just like to publicly answer - Yes hun, I HAVE been watching Castle!

It's Nathan's new show doncha know. And let's just say if I didn't have a crush before, I sure as HECK would have one now. Nick Castle is MY KINDA HERO. He's cheeky, funny, popular with the ladies (to say the least), irreverent, unpredictable and he's a writer to boot! So the show has plenty of allusions to life as a writer with references to everything from writers block to being asked where he gets his ideas from to falling asleep over a laptop. I swear. If Nick Castle was a real person, I'd be seriously considering breaking those stalking laws about now! YUM.

Add that wonderful package to a straight laced female cop and we have a show with the same dynamic as Maddie and David in Moonlighting or Brennan and Booth in Bones, so you can understand why I'm glued to Castle on a weekly basis. I'm finding it thoroughly inspirational as it happens. Gotta love it when that happens. And believe me I can do with all the help I can get these days. Remind me why I do this job again???

So if you haven't checked it out and you're able to glue your eyeballs to the show then I can highly recommend it. I just wish I could watch it with Jenna every week the way she suggested. We could wear comfy clothes, eat tubs of ice cream and sit on the sofa giggling like teenagers the way we did when we were roomies at Nationals in Dallas (though we didn't have ice cream then - why didn't we Jenna?)

Check out this promo and you'll see why I'm now a fan of Castle:



Meanwhile here at home we've had a mixed week. You may remember Dougal, our first foal born on Mayday three years ago? Well this year his mommy, Flash, and a new mare we bought last year, Angel, were both in foal. We had this wonderful vision of foals playing together this Spring and Summer. But unfortunately last week Flash lost her foal - a double for his big brother Dougal - and we were all heartbroken. A cloud descended over the place. He really was very beautiful. Understandably we've been watching the other mare like hawks ever since, fearful of the same outcome while we poured love and attention on Flash. This morning out we go and Angel has presented us with a mini-me half sister for Dougal. We haven't officially named her yet, but we're considering calling her Hope. The pictures are a bit fuzzy cos she's indoors and is a tad on the lively side, but it should give you an idea of how adorable she is. She's her mommy's first foal and Mom is doing a wonderful job, especially considering the bundle of mischief she's just had. And remember these are miniature Shetlands's we're breeding, so our new baby pony is about the size of a Golden Retriever dog height wise...

8 comments:

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

I think he is absolutely fabulous. He was recently on The View and had people cheering in thed audience! What a hunk!

Donna Alward said...

It is really good seeing you back in the land of the blogging again! :-)

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

OMG, they are so cute!!

Every time I watch Castle, I think of you because it is SO your thing. And I apologize for not bringing up ice cream at some point. It' strange, ice cream is SO my thing!

Aideen said...

Sorry to hear about the little foal you lost. But regarding the other one, Hope? Please, can you gift wrap him and send him to me? My back garden is tiny but he'd fit right in and I promise to take really good care of him.

He's the most adorable thing, Dougal will have nothing but love for him.

Aideen.

rayannelutenerblog said...

Castle looks GREAT! I can't seem to get the episodes in the UK from the website. Do you have a secret tekkie method Trish?
And the foal is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing her with us. :-)

mena said...

Hope is a great name. I love it. You must put her in your next book.

Michelle Styles said...

Adorable ponies.

BOth my dd and I thank you.

Nina in Ohio said...

Trish - Love the show Castle and Nathan Fillion is exactly as you say, the right mix of handsome, cheeky and the chemistry between the two is great. I love how they've protrayed the relationship between the two!