Friday, June 5, 2009

Taking Reposession Of My Life

A few years back the Queen coined the phrase Annus Horriblus. I've been having one of those. But now that the sun is shining and all my horses and ponies are out, I'm taking steps to repossess my life. So this is a quick flyby to do a bit of a catch up while I have my sleeves rolled up and am sporting what I call my 'determined face'. No. It's not scowl. And yes. I do have wrinkle cream on stand-by.

First up - this months new release is on the shelves in the USA and Canada and Romantic Times have named it a Top Pick for June! Thank you RT!!! This is what they had to say about One Night With The Rebel Billionaire, and I'll be blogging about the book over at IHeart Presents in the next week or so, so I hope you'll pop by to visit me when I do so I know I haven't been forgotten...

One Night With The Rebel Billionaire (4.5) by Trish Wylie: When Roane Elliott meets a naked stranger on the private beach of the Bryant estate, she can't decide if she should report him for trespassing or stay to admire his perfection. She soon learns the man is no stranger; he's Adam Bryant, the charismatic son of her employer. After more than a decade away, he's home to make amends with his ailing father, and Adam won't be leaving before he and Roane discover all that could happen between them. This terrific tale is awash in passion and sensuality. The hot and sexy hero will make your heart beat faster.

Ha! Take that crows of doubt!!! Have I mentioned I'm still suffering with writer's block? All hints and tips to combat it gladly received!

Step one of banishing them from my tiny realm, is a giant clear-out and the decision to turn my spare room (read that as room all the junk in the universe is stored in) into an office/working space where I can shut myself away from the world and try and focus my mind on something I used to be half-good at. To follow my progress with the Spring Clean of a lifetime, you can join me over on Twitter or at my Facebook page, where I'll be Tweeting regular updates on my progress and asking for advice and tips on things like book storage and appliances I should have and why it is I have so many sets of keys and no idea what they're for... I also found condiments in a cupboard yesterday from 2007. I feel lucky to be alive...

I'd also like to say a BIG THANK YOU to the lovely Janet who is now my trusty right arm and Global Moderator at my Forum, where she's helping to keep everyone in line and is bringing us many fascinating links from around the Interweb on writing and writers and the writing life. Janet has become an invaluable member of my circle of web-friends and I really don't know what I'd do without her! On the subject of the Forum, I'm trying to organize some guest authors to come visit and answer questions for us, so look out for that and if you haven't already signed up then please do! The more prodding I get from that quarter the more likely I am to finish the workshop I've been doing there and to invite more guests aaannnddd....

Speaking of GUESTS - if there are any author buddies or struggling writers out there who are NOT attending Nationals this year, can you let me know? I'm considering running a mini Online conference for the week with workshops and talks and random prizes, so if there's enough interest then I'll throw something together once I have taken reposession of my life ;)

Finally, I thought I'd toss in a pic of our foal's first day in the field so you can see how happy she was to discover freedom. We named her Mischief in the end. It's much more suited to her personality - BELIEVE ME - and naming her Hope scared me a little this year. The theory in my mind being if anything happened to her then Hope would be lost. And I'm not taking any chances...(Have to say she's really grown since this pic was taken. When I have more new pics I'll post them so you can see.)

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great to hear from you again Trish, we've missed you! I really hope your year takes a turn for the better some time soon. What a beautiful foal!

I'll try to keep my eye out and pop over to see you on ihearts too :-)

Marilyn Shoemaker said...

Nice to see you out of your cave and by the way, loved your June release. xxoo

Lacey Devlin said...

I decided to clean the house too... my whole house was sort of a junk room random bits and pieces everywhere. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but I think I've made it worse!

Gorgeous horse picture!

Good luck with the cleaning :)

Natasha Oakley said...

Must be something in the air, I think! I've even bought a 'Domestic Goddess' pinny for my task in hand. Soooooooooo many books, so few shelves .....

ninaharrington said...

Many many congratulations on the Romantic Times review - I am now totally intimidated that I shall be sharing Shelf Space in the US with you in July!
Hugs on clearing yourself some personal space - brilliant use of a spare room [ see Nina glancing around her spare room home office]!
I am not going to the US - too much of a newbie. So any ideas would be gratefully received.
Have a great time with the Spring Clean and happy writing.

Janet said...

Great to see you blogging again and congrats on the RT review. (RT always seem very difficult to please.)

"Global Moderator" sounds really important --- one step away from Supreme Commander :)

Nina in Ohio said...

Trish -

Good to see you're still alive! Sorry to hear that the creative juices are sludging up. Havent' made much progress on my WIP with work and family taking up much of my time. Will keep at it though.

I just finished One Night with the Rebel Millionaire and it truly earned the RT review. Hot and emotional - LOVED IT!!!

Keep us posted now and then so we can root you on!!

Jenna Bayley-Burke said...

I hear ya...I'm moving the whole family so I too can have a cave with a door, well, that and space around here since the baby is tighter than my skinny jeans, but the office is the goal :)